RE: The status of the approaches to the E-Tree solution?

David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com> Tue, 24 April 2012 13:05 UTC

From: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>
To: Daniel Cohn <DanielC@orckit.com>, "l2vpn@ietf.org" <l2vpn@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:05:14 -0400
Subject: RE: The status of the approaches to the E-Tree solution?
acceptlanguage: en-US

Receiver list trimmed as you'll all get this anyway.

I'm a bit confused as to what folks mean by S-VLAN preservation.

ETREE as implemented in a PB network uses two S-VLANs, but only one S-VID is present in the frame at any one time. Similarly SPBM uses two I-SIDs, but again only one is in the frame at any one time...

There is no single S-VLAN associated with the ETREE and there is no extraneous stacking here...

Cheers
Dave

From: Shahram Davari <davari@broadcom.com<mailto:davari@broadcom.com>>
To: Lizhong Jin <lizho.jin@gmail.com<mailto:lizho.jin@gmail.com>>, "l2vpn@ietf.org<mailto:l2vpn@ietf.org>" <l2vpn@ietf.org<mailto:l2vpn@ietf.org>>, "Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com<mailto:Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>" <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com<mailto:Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>>
Cc: "yuqun.cao@gmail.com<mailto:yuqun.cao@gmail.com>" <yuqun.cao@gmail.com<mailto:yuqun.cao@gmail.com>>

Hi,

I also have a question regarding 2-VLAN. What if the customer traffic already has an S-VLAN? Do we need a 3rd VLAN to identify the L/R?

Thx
Shahram